Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PUSH



I understand that this wasn't the most popular movie to come out over the last few years, and many of you (both of you?) probably never heard of it.  The overall plot centers around a bunch of folks who have powers, like from the TV show 'Heroes'.  Some people can see the future, some can move things with their minds, others can put thoughts into others heads, even others can heal with a touch, etc...etc...  The only difference is that 'Heroes' was actually good for a little while.  This movie wasn't.

The live among us and try to avoid getting captured by 'Division', a branch of the government set out to capture those with abilities in an attempt to build a 'superhuman' of sorts.  Dakota Fanning is a 'Watcher', or someone who can see the future.  She meets up with Chris Evans who's a 'Mover' (he can move things with his mind - I know, stay with me.....).  They apparently need to find some other girl that has a suitcase worth $6 million while avoiding Division and some other crazy Japanese gang that's after the same thing. 

Why?  Well, glad you asked.  Apparently it's because Chris Evans has a dice throwing/gambling habit and is into some gangsters for about $6K.  I probably could have figured out more but the split second delay between the video and audio made me feel like I was watching an old Kung-Fu movie.  Sound editor - fired.

In the end, I never cared who won or lost or how the movie ended, I just wanted it to end.  Convoluted plot twist and 30 minutes later, I had my wish.  1.5 out of 5 stars, and grossly disappointed again........

No comments:

Post a Comment