Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GET HIM TO THE GREEK


I'm going to take a slightly different route on these next few reviews, mostly due to the absolute crappiness and general dismay I felt after watching each of these movies, so bear with me....

I think Russell Brand is hysterical.  Same with Jonah Hill.  Judd Apatow? Good stuff.  This movie was NOT good.  I had really, REALLY high hopes and even hung onto it from Netflix for about a month hoping to get a time for the wife and I to watch it.  That never happened, so I threw it in one afternoon I had nothing to do.  I feel like Netflix stole $14 from me. 

Bottom line is that it had 2 or 3 moments of true comedy, most notably the scene in the strip club after Hill takes a hit off the 'Jeffrey'.  Stroking the furry wall was great. I thought Diddy was awful too.  You'd think he'd come across more naturally in a movie being an artist, but I thought he was stiff and totally unbelievable as a record exec. 

In the end, I thought it had potential, but was generally truly unfunny for roughly 90 of the 110 or so minutes, and I was grossly disappointed.  2 out of 5 stars.  Stay away, not worth the rental at all.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps this movie would have received a better review from you had you not had such high expectations? At least Inception will be out on DVD soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I loved this movie. Probably because I love Russell Brand so much. WAY funnier than Forgetting Sarah Marshall. And I must respectfully disagree - I thought Diddy was good! I love the part where he makes the guy throw his phone out of the room.

    I cannot wait to see your review of Black Swan. I know I have a ways to wait....

    ReplyDelete